[va-richmond-general] Henrico + Charles City Co.s 2/16

  • From: <arun.bose@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, VA Bird <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 10:33:55 -0500

Hello Birders,
I checked a few spots yesterday at lunch time and dusk. Nice variety (40
species) for a couple of hours effort. Notable were c.100+ COMMON MERGANSER,
7 CANVASBACK.  Also 5 WOODCOCK one of which I was able to observe on the
ground ³peenting². 2 BARRED OWL. Also several thousand gulls heading to
roost (at Hopewell?).

Arun Bose,
Richmond, VA