[va-richmond-general] Hawk on Hamilton Street

  • From: "Diane Bumpass" <dbumpass@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:30:05 -0400

I was on Hamilton Street around 7:00 p.m. tonight (Sat.) between Broad and
Patterson looking to change lanes when I saw a hawk about two feet from the
ground in a parking lot with wings spread, I think about to grab a critter of
some sort.  My passenger thought I didn't see a car (which I did) and we were
out of view of the hawk.  I think I've seen a hawk just a few blocks from there
near the community center on Thompson.

My hawk sighting came after a trip to Staunton and the Frontier Culture Museum
where I saw a nest of barn swallows in the Irish barn.  Three other nests were
unoccupied.
  Diane Bumpass

  P.S. I wrote earlier asking about possible residents of a nest in the side of
my neighbor's house.  We finally decided it was sparrows as had been proposed
on the list.

JPEG image