[va-richmond-general] Hawk Week

  • From: "IE Ries" <FEATHERCHASER@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "RAS List" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 19:13:26 -0500

Seen on Tuesday at the intersection of Elkhardt Road and Parkway Lane:  A
lovely Redshoulded Hawk, sitting up on the power lines.  I of course pulled off
Elkhardt onto Parkway and got out and gawked.  After a while it flew over and
landed on the roof of a house a few houses up.  Later that day, I also saw a
pair of Bald Eagles flying down and then back up the Appomatox River at
Point-of-Rocks Park (OK, so they aren't hawks, but still!)
Seen on Wednesday on Beach Road, heading toward Pocahontas State Park:  a
gorgeous Redtailed Hawk, also sitting on the powerline, watching a field across
the street very carefully.  The park manager said it was still up there, too,
when she drove by about 15 minutes after I did.  Later that day, I spotted a
lovely Redshoulded Hawk soaring over Gregoy Pond at Rockwood Park.

Happy Birding!

Irene in Southside