[va-richmond-general] Hatching more than Bluebirds in Chester

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 23:26:37 +0000 (UTC)

Checked several Bluebird boxes today and already have a few with their 2nd clutch and many with the 2nd nest under construction. Our yard has a Mourning Dove sitting tight on eggs as well as a Robin and House Wren. Tharshers, Catbirds  and Red-Bellied Woodpeckers are coming 2x2 to the suet. Our first Bluebird clutch has fledged. Still have Blackpolls singing in the yard as well as Redstarts and Yellow Warblers. The wetland behind our house has a Tree Swallow clutch in progress and many Wood ducks flying in and out of nest boxes. Here's a couple images of the "new kids on the block" including a four legged one.

Enjoy the spring,

JulieK

Chester