[va-richmond-general] Harrison Lake Sunset Paddle-Saturday

  • From: "Kacmarcik" <kacmarcik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 07:53:24 -0400

A perfect night to paddle among the lily pads listening to the rattle of
Kingfishers and the persistent calls of Prothonotary warblers.  The lake was
like glass and not a mosquito was to be found-nor  any other birders. I
paddled the whole lake and was happy to find some new places to explore as
the recent rain has opened up more pathways to navigate through the trees.
Two small flocks of Cedar waxwings flew overhead and a little Hummingbird
darted at me perhaps vying for the red box of Cheezits strapped to the bow
of the kayak. I did more floating than paddling and just enjoyed the quiet
of a perfect June evening.

Julie Kacmarcik
Chester