[va-richmond-general] Harrison Lake Sunset Paddle

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richmond Birds)
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 02:39:44 +0000

Had an incredible  sunset paddle at Harrison Lake yesterday-with enough light
for paddling till  9:15. We had the entire place to ourselves. Many fish were
jumping and after sneaking up on a beaver and watching him munch on lily pads
he seemed to seek out my kayak and circled me for about 20 minutes slapping his
tail with authority and then continuing on his patrol. Lots of bird song, a
bright, waxing moon and no mosquitos made it hard to call it a night.

Bird highlights:

Wood thrush
Cedar Waxwing
Ruby-throated hummingbird