[va-richmond-general] Happy New Year....last bird of 2008

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richmond Birds)
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 16:02:43 +0000

On our first net run in Powhatan last night we netted who we affectionately call "Ol #874. I banded this little lady (NSWO) last week and then recaptured her again the next day. Last night she flew back in giving us good data regarding over-wintering in our area. A very passive and sweet bird-we were happy to see she packed on 2.4 grams since last week.

First bird of 2009 was a Great Horned Owl hooting under an incredible sky of stars around 1:30 am.

Happy New Year,
JulieK
Chester