[va-richmond-general] Gulf Fritillary

  • From: Paul Bedell <pbedell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: richmond birding listserve <VA-Richmond-General@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:10:44 -0400

For those of you interested, I photographed a Gulf Fritillary butterfly
today at Dutch Gap in the meadow where the bird-banding station is.
 This magnificent deep south species seems to be more common than usual
this year and is occuring north of its usual range.  I also saw Caspian
and Forster's terns and my first Ruddy Duck for Henricus Park on the
James R.

Paul Bedell