[va-richmond-general] Re: Great Blue Heron Rookery, Richmond

  • From: Nick Kotula <nkotula@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 13:45:53 -0500

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 12:00 pm at the Heronry there were ~26 birds.
 I only saw 3 pairs at the time, one pair was locking bills and "necking",
one pair was just sitting in the nest, and the final pair was... amorously
involved.  I did not see any nest building, but they were in and out of the
nests a bit with the warmup today.

I'll have pics later, with hopefully one good shot of the whole heronry (as
much as could be seen) for a better count.