[va-richmond-general] Grasshopper Sparrow, James River Park, 10-23-11

  • From: akb <arun1bose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 12:35:36 -0400

Hello Birders,
I saw a Grasshopper Sparrow this morning at the Wetlands section of
the James River Park. It was frequenting the corner of the open
"meadow" area as you come in from Landria Drive. I don't know if there
have been previous records for the City, but it's a first for me.

Not as birdy this morning as yesterday when there were a few more
warblers including, single Tennessee, Palm and Nashville. A few Common
Yellowthroat, and good numbers of Yellow-rumped Warbler. Also there
were about 4 Indigo Bunting. At 42nd St. there were 2 Blackpoll. and 7
Common Yellowthroat. Winter Wren, a few Hermit Thrush too.

Arun Bose
Richmond