[va-richmond-general] Grackles & Red Wings Blackbirds

  • From: "james crumpler" <raincrow1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 20:02:32 -0500

In reference to using black oil sunflower seed. I have 14 feeders, 4 have black
oil sunflower, 3 have safflower, 2 have Niger, 2 have peanut splits, 3 have
suet and the I put on the ground, millet, corn and some black oil seeds. When
100 to 200 Grackles and red wings get through, I might have some Niger and some
safflower. I believe someone said they can't crack the sunflower. I don't know
if they crack them or swallow them for later, but everything is gone when they
leave and most of the other birds sit in the trees and watch. These are the
culprits, there are three different feeders in one picture, black oil, suet,
and peanuts. Raincrow