[va-richmond-general] Good birding Chester and points east March 6&7 2009

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 20:12:33 +0000 (UTC)

Trying to get some work done in the garden is difficult when you have a "kettle" of 5 Bald Eagles overhead. Today about noon had 2 mature and 3 immature Bald Eagles in a fairly tight group circling above our house-they were close enough to hear them vocalize and see white heads without binoculars. Also have Brown-headed Nuthatches feasting on safflower, trilling Pine warblers and many Eastern Bluebirds.

Yesterday at Harrison Lake saw Tree Swallows, a lone Osprey and a flock of at least 100 Robins.

I flushed a Snipe at the Ben Greaner Conservation Area this morning. Also saw a pair of Red-shouldered Hawks circling over a flock of Canada Geese.

What a difference a few degrees makes!

Spring ahead...

JulieKacmarcik

Chester