[va-richmond-general] Glaucous Gull- Richmond 2/19

  • From: Adam D'Onofrio <bigadfromlb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Virginia Birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Richmond Birds" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sue D'Onofrio <susabella@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 23:32:09 +0000 (UTC)

I stopped by Brown's Island in downtown Richmond after work today to look for
the GLAUCOUS GULLS reported there yesterday. After some time spent searching, I
found one of the birds sitting on a rock at around 4:00. Unfortunately, I was
only able to view the bird for a very short time because all the gulls suddenly
flushed. I picked the bird up in flight but then lost it. I waited around for a
while as some of the gulls returned but I never saw the Glaucous again. Anyway,
it was there so just wanted to let folks know. Good birding.

Adam D'Onofrio
North Dinwiddie