[va-richmond-general] Re: Ginter Botanical Gardens

  • From: "Al & Linda Warfield" <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sc.tanager@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Richmond listserv" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 08:42:48 -0400

Speaking of Green Herons, Linda & I were sitting at a table in front of Dairy Queen at Insbruk yesterday afternoon (Sunday) and a Green Heron flew over us. It came from the other side of Broad St and was apparently headed to one of the ponds off Cox Rd. We were on our way back from the VSO meeting and field trip(s) in Wise County (High Knob) and Green Heron was one of the few birds the group failed to get. OK, it was Richmond and not Wise County, but we did see one that day. We also got that Blizzard we had been waiting for.

Al Warfield

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mr Michael Shapiro" <sc.tanager@xxxxxxxxxxx>