[va-richmond-general] Re: Fwd: bird ID

  • From: "Naseem Reza" <nreza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mdwils@xxxxxx>, <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 12:51:45 -0400

Mike:

I believe you are right. Based on distribution and the Canada Goose mentioned
by the photographer,  It is more likely to be a sub-adult Northern Gannet.

Naseem Reza
        From: "Gillian Young" <gyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Date: September 27, 2007 1:31:52 PM EDT
        To: <robin.ruth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: bird ID

        Just wondered if you might identify this bird I saw on the beach at
Nags Head last weekend. There were 2 within a mile of each other, and they
didn't/couldn't fly. Body was the size of a Canada goose with short legs, but
the head looks more like a heron.
        �
        If you don't reply until after 5 PM today, please reply to my home email
        gillianyoung@xxxxxxx
        �
        Thank you very much!
        �