[va-richmond-general] Re: Fwd: bird ID

  • From: "Naseem Reza" <nreza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <robin.ruth@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:16:21 -0400

Robin:

It appears to be a juvenile Masked Booby (Sula dactylatra) which was previously
called Blue-faced Booby. This bird breeds on Dry Tortugas, Florida and are
considered rare in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Some folks refer to it as
a tropical Gannet.

Naseem Reza
    From: "Gillian Young" <gyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: September 27, 2007 1:31:52 PM EDT
    To: <robin.ruth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: bird ID

    Just wondered if you might identify this bird I saw on the beach at Nags
Head last weekend. There were 2 within a mile of each other, and they
didn't/couldn't fly. Body was the size of a Canada goose with short legs, but
the head looks more like a heron.
    �
    If you don't reply until after 5 PM today, please reply to my home email
    gillianyoung@xxxxxxx
    �
    Thank you very much!
    �