[va-richmond-general] Fwd: bioblitz: breeding bird survey

  • From: "Barnett, Lewis" <lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 02:34:12 +0000

Folks,

See below for an interesting Citizen Science opportunity at FrancisEmma’s
Belmead property. There is a lot of flexibility in the way this project is set
up, and it’s a beautiful and interesting area. If you are interested in taking
a sector in this survey, please contact Sister Jean directly
(SBSAsante2@xxxxxxx<mailto:SBSAsante2@xxxxxxx>).

Begin forwarded message:

From: sr.jean <SBSAsante2@xxxxxxx<mailto:SBSAsante2@xxxxxxx>>
Subject: bioblitz: breeding bird survey
Date: January 2, 2014 at 3:19:30 PM EST
To: 'Kim Cook' <kccook42@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:kccook42@xxxxxxxxx>>, 'Kristina
McCullough' <mckristi@xxxxxxx<mailto:mckristi@xxxxxxx>>,
<szfrst@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:szfrst@xxxxxxxxxxx>>,
<jbmcaldwell@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jbmcaldwell@xxxxxxxxxxx>>, 'Mary'
<manentails@xxxxxxx<mailto:manentails@xxxxxxx>>, 'Patty'
<joeandpattyelton@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:joeandpattyelton@xxxxxxxxx>>,
<michelle.whitehurst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:michelle.whitehurst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>,
 <ponysings@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ponysings@xxxxxxxxx>>, "'Barnett, Lewis'"
<lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>

Hello folks,

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed some time for a vacation.  I
spent several days in Pennsylvania visiting with family and old high school
classmates.  I am getting old.  Ha

First of all, thank you for responding to our Breeding Bird Survey which will
begin in March.  I received your name as a possible leader for one of the
different zones that we need to cover.  However, to this date we have only
about ¼ the number of volunteers that we had hoped would be leaders.  So,
before we get any closer to our first meeting date of February 1st , I am
asking once again for you to  contact any one you know that may be interested
in birding and see if they would participate in this event.  Again, the date
for the entire survey is from March 1st, thru June.   Also, we are asking that
you spend at least one day in those four months for birding.  Of course, we are
hoping most participants will be here more than the required 4 days.

I think this event will be fun and will provide an opportunity for all of us to
learn a little more about the breeding birds in this area.  So, please spread
the word....sjean