[va-richmond-general] Fwd: Habitat protection

  • From: Ruth Robin <robin.ruth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:14:43 -0400

Could anyone suggest whom this person could talk to about legislation to allow small land owners to put their land into land easements?

Robin

Begin forwarded message:

From: WNash29136@xxxxxxx
Date: June 27, 2007 11:02:29 AM EDT
To: robin.ruth@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Habitat protection

I live in Amherst County and we are losing much of our land to developers. We small land owners would like to be able to put our land into land easements, but as of now it has to be 20 acres. Is there anyway to start legislation for those with as little as 5 acres or less to be able to put their land in a easement to protect the wildlife? How do you get the legislation started? 5 acres is a nice little parcel and if it your land, you should be able to put in an easemnt if you want to. We desperatly need legislation to allow those witha few acres to do this. The wildlife needs help now. After the land is gone, it will be too late. Thanks, WNash

See what's free at http://www.aol.com.