[va-richmond-general] Re: Fwd: Facility use permits

  • From: "Al & Linda Warfield" <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <JRiverPk@xxxxxxx>, <wealding@xxxxxxx>, <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 16:41:26 -0400

Ralph,

I just checked the VDGIF website, and only the salt water fishing license is
free to those residents 65 and older. Freshwater licenses are $9 and $20 for a
year or lifetime, respectively, for those 65 and over. The statement quoted by
Wendy said that any valid fishing, hunting or trapping license was all that is
needed. I assume that means that one 65 or older who is not interested in
freshwater fishing, etc., needs to get either a free one year or free lifetime
saltwater fishing license in order to be able to bird on VDGIF lands. But if
you want to fish in freshwater, or for freshwater trout, hunt, or trap, and
bird as well, you need the appropriate license, but it's not free in those
cases. There are some reduced rates for those approaching 65 as well.

Al Warfield