[va-richmond-general] Fwd: Christmas Eve morning

  • From: Bob Schamerhorn <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "FreeLists.org Madden" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 09:47:07 -0500

Forwarded on behalf of: Bob & Gena Coles

On Christmas Eve morning we were greeted by a gift of eight (8) Wood Ducks standing in a line along the edge of the ice in the lake behind our house. We had seen two pair earlier in the week and we have always had Wood Ducks on the lake but we have never seen this many at one time in the 17-years we have lived here. We hope they stay around. On Christmas we got our FOS Pine Siskin at our feeders. We also had two female Hooded Mergansers, three Rudy Ducks and group of Ring-neck Ducks along with the Mallards and Geese. The Red- shouldered and Coopers hawks like to check out the feeders and we have a murder of Crows (7 or so) that make a run at the feeders at least once a day, they are smart birds.
Bob & Gena Coles
Montpelier, VA

Cyberspace Charirperson of Richmond Audubon Society
http://www.RichmondAudubon.org
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"The Richmond Audubon Society promotes the enjoyment, understanding, and preservation of birds, other wildlife and habitat through birding, education, advocacy, and fellowship."