[va-richmond-general] Re: Fwd: Chesterfield Observer newspaper needs a bird ID'ed

  • From: "Al Warfield" <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <robin.ruth@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:21:52 -0400

Looks like a Red-tailed Hawk to me.

Al Warfield
----- Original Message -----
From: Ruth Robin
To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 5:16 PM
Subject: [va-richmond-general] Fwd: Chesterfield Observer newspaper needs a
bird ID'ed

Begin forwarded message:
Here is a great photo of a hawk that has caught a squirrel.� Can you all help
in identifying what kind of hawk it is?
Robin

  From: "Donna C. Gregory" <donnacgregory@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  Date: March 13, 2007 1:30:08 PM EDT
  To: "Ruth Robin" <robin.ruth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: Chesterfield Observer newspaper needs a bird ID'ed

  Hi Robin,
  The photo is attached. The person who took the photo believes it is a
red-tailed hawk and I have someone else who believes the same, but I have a
reader who says it's a red-shouldered hawk. Need to figure out if a correction
is needed.
  Donna
  �