[va-richmond-general] Fwd: Chesterfield Observer newspaper needs a bird ID'ed

  • From: Ruth Robin <robin.ruth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:16:55 -0400

Begin forwarded message:
Here is a great photo of a hawk that has caught a squirrel.  Can you all help in identifying what kind of hawk it is?
Robin

From: "Donna C. Gregory" <donnacgregory@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: March 13, 2007 1:30:08 PM EDT
To: "Ruth Robin" <robin.ruth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Chesterfield Observer newspaper needs a bird ID'ed

Hi Robin,
The photo is attached. The person who took the photo believes it is a red-tailed hawk and I have someone else who believes the same, but I have a reader who says it's a red-shouldered hawk. Need to figure out if a correction is needed.
Donna