[va-richmond-general] Re: Fwd: Bio Biltz at Belmead

  • From: "betsyben@xxxxxxxx" <betsyben@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: wealding@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 18:02:38 GMT

Would like to register:

Ben and Betsy Saunders
8958 Rustic road
Richmond VA 23235

272-0605

Please note: message attached

From: Wendy Ealding <wealding@xxxxxxx>
To: lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx, va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: sbsasante2@xxxxxxx, Joeandpattyelton@xxxxxxxxx, szfrst@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Purpre@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [va-richmond-general] Re: Fwd: Bio Biltz at Belmead
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 12:37:13 -0400 (EDT)

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: Wendy Ealding <wealding@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx, va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 12:37:13 -0400 (EDT)
I talked with Sister Jean at Belmead today, and she asked that anyone
interested in volunteering for the BioBlitz to please register with her at
sbsasante2@xxxxxxx so that she can arrange coverage.

I'm also posting this on the statewide list serve for anyone outside the
Richmond area who may be interested

Wendy Ealding
 Powhatan County

From:"Nettie" <Purpre@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Date:February 18, 2013 4:05:16 PM EST

To:<president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Cc:"Sr. Jean" <SBSAsante2@xxxxxxx>

Subject:Bio Biltz at Belmead

Hello Mr. Barnett,

My name is Nettie Hebert and I wanted to reach out to the Richmond Audubon
group on behalf of James River Master Naturalists.  I am working with Sr. Jean
Ryan from FrancisEmma and JRMN in co-sponsoring a Bioblitz at FrancisEmma in
Powhatan.  (see web: FrancisEmma.org)  Many people know the location as
Belmead.

We are pulling together some wonderful volunteers in Ornithology but could use
many more “eyes & ears” to help.  FrancisEmma is a 2,200 acre property, 1,000
acres of which has been placed in a conservation easement.  It has many
different habitats;  streams & the James River, forests, open fields, wetlands
and ponds.  We are looking for experts that can recognize a species and be able
to record its location.  We will have everyone gathering their data throughout
the day to compile a final list of species identified on the site.

The Bioblitz will be held on May 18th early morning through May 19th 8AM.
People are welcome to stay on the property overnight if necessary.

If there is anyone from your group that would be available to assist us, we
would greatly appreciate the help.  Please have them contact myself; Nettie
Hebert, JRMN,purpre@xxxxxxxxxxx or 804-393-2652 or Sr. Jean Ryan,
FrancisEmma/JRMN,sbsasante2@xxxxxxxxx  1 (330) 464-6835

Thank you in advance for your help and we look forward to hearing from you or
other Audubon members,

Nettie Hebert
President
James River Master Naturalists