[va-richmond-general] Fw: Kiptopeke banding 9/26:Nashville& Connecticut Warblers, Red-breasted Nuthatch

  • From: "Bob Reilly" <rjreilly@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:07:43 -0400

Thought folks might enjoy today's banding results from Kiptopeke, as reported
by the Coastal Virginia Wildlife Observatory's resident bander, Jethro.  His
email to the Va. listserv appears below.  It's a very good time of year for a
visit to Kiptopeke, especially right after a cold front!  Jethro always extends
a warm welcome to visitors. He bands 7 days a week, starting 30 minutes before
sunrise.  As elsewhere, early morning is the time to see the best birds.  I
noted, however, that Arun Bose, in his visit to Bandy Field this morning, has
Jethro beat on several species!

Bob

va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx