[va-richmond-general] Re: Fw: Binoculars

  • From: "katya" <katya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:16:28 -0500

When you buy the binoculars, you might also want to write on them the owner's
name in large letters with a marker.  Recollection of recent events (such as
the gift of a pair of binoculars) will not stay in the person's mind as the
disease progresses.  It won't matter how many times you tell someone the
binoculars are theirs.  You may find that you are constantly bestowing the same
gift on the person.  Don't be frustrated.  What's heart-breaking is when they
no longer remember who you are and may regard you or your motivations with
suspicion.  This is something which may happen in a progressive order:
grandkids, then kids, etc.

Recollection of past events are as clear as yesterday though.  The farther
back, the clearer apparently.  So, it's a great time to talk to your Grand Dad
about the past even if it gets to the point when he doesn't know who you are.
Pick one of his favorite events.

Sorry, I know this is supposed to be about birding.  My heart goes out to you.

Katie

Sent via the WebMail system at earthtones.com