[va-richmond-general] Forty Second Street JRP

  • From: John Caroline Coe <johncaroline@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 11:53:15 -0400

Greetings:  It was a beautiful morning along the James River>  Lots of
birds.  Lots of sunshine, and about 16 bird watchers.  We did not see as
many species as we listed last Sunday, but pretty close.  Some additions:
 Blackburnian Warbler, Prairie Warbler, Solitary Sandpiper, Orchard
Oriole, and the highlight of the morning, a red phase Eastern Screech Owl
sunning in a roost hole.  The dead tree is on the right of the stairs
that lead down from the parking lot, about a dozen or so steps from the
top landing.  The tree has several holes facing the path about 30ft away

John Coe.