[va-richmond-general] Florida birding

  • From: "Michael Shapiro" <sc.tanager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Richmond listserv" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Virginia Bird listserv" <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:21:04 -0500

To all birders-
    I will be going to Captiva this coming weekend and am interested in seeing
a Reddish Egret, a Snail Kite, any other Kite, Wood Storks, and Greater
Flamingos (if possible) as well as any other Florida specialties that you might
know of. I only have one day to look for them (not even that much), so I've got
one shot. I'd also like to see a manatee and I would prefer not to get too
close to alligators. Any recommendations would be helpful. I've heard that Ding
Darling is an excellent place and not far from Captiva. Thanks for your time.
Please reply off the listserv.

Michael Shapiro
Henrico
sc.tanager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx