[va-richmond-general] Feeding Purple Martins, Charles City County

  • From: Susan Ridd <susaneridd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RAS Listserv <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, va-bird <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 14:44:28 -0400

Jimmy Fitzgerald called and asked me if I knew of anyone who would like to
feed Purple Martins by throwing pieces of fried egg up in the air for the
birds. He stated that he had only 5 or 6 birds at this time so it may
happen and then it may not. “When the temperature is in the 40’s and
cloudy, that is the best time to teach the Martins” he said. If you are
interested, then call him at (804) 514-8695.