[va-richmond-general] Fall Yard Birds

  • From: Caroline Coe <cccoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:39:40 -0400

Late afternoon/evening yesterday presented lots of bird activity centered in
and around the front yard dogwood tree.  it's full of berries and bright
crimson leaves....and birds!  The robins were in a bit of a feeding frenzy,
with some bluebirds and flickers and red bellied woodpeckers.  In the feeding
madness were nuthatches and downies.  In trees and shrubs nearby, a couple of
yellow-rumps were present, too, and of course several chickadees and the vocal
Carolina Wrens.  Cardinals and titmice came in for a sunflower seed but were
just understated in the louder larger group.  We heard a thrush but never saw
it...And have I  mentioned the large and energetic number of chickadees!  they
must have had a good year!

Some of these birds are moving through, some are coming to winter here.  Fall
is a most amazing time.

Caroline & John Coe
Chesterfield CountyYou are subscribed to VA-Richmond-General. To unsubscribe,
send email to