[va-richmond-general] FW: Re: [Va-bird] BLACK-BELLIED WHISTLING DUCK

  • From: "Janice Frye" <jjfdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 17:36:03 -0400

You are welcome!  I had an email that questioned the positioning of the feet
in Harry's photo and it did seem that one of the claws could be missing when
I looked again.  On the way back from running a cerulean survey route on
Skyline Drive I went by and caught it on bare ground.  Both claws are indeed
intact.  I made sure to see both several times before leaving.  Still
beautiful no matter how often I see it!

Jan

  _____

From: jjfdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [va-richmond-general] Re: [Va-bird] BLACK-BELLIED WHISTLING DUCK
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 16:46:28 -0400

OK, he was over under the tree where we first found him the other day just a
little while ago.  Not sure if that was before or after you saw him.  There
was even a lady very close to the duck and the geese, but the geese were not
nervous.  Maybe she was feeding the geese.  Thanks to your photo we now know
the claws are intact!

Jan

  _____