[va-richmond-general] Re: Elimination of all Outdoor/Nature Programs and staff of Chesterfield Parks and Rec. Your immediate help needed.

  • From: "Jim Blowers" <jimvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Richmond Birds'" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:30:10 -0500

What do you think should be cut instead? Or should the County raise taxes?
(I note that they did not do that today. They could have raised it to
$1/$100 assessed valuation.) Or should the County impose or increase fees
for Parks and Recreation services? If we address the Supervisors on these
questions, it might increase the probability that they will keep these
services the County provides.

One idea that I heard about is to cut Chesterfield County support for
activities, such as the James River Park System, Maymont, or the Diamond,
which are not in Chesterfield. In other words, serve Chesterfield County
residents and facilities first.

Jim Blowers

  _____