[va-richmond-general] Eastern Bluebird Hatch 23 March 2012 Varina, VA

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 01:20:17 +0000 (UTC)

Had a very successful Eastern Bluebird Box survey today...only had time to check 14 boxes, but of the 14, 5 had partial bluebird egg clutches (2-4 eggs), 3 had full EABL nests with a cup, 3 had very large Carolina Chickadee nests and 2 were empty. One box was hatching as of today. This is the earliest hatch we have had a long our Bluebird Trail ever. This is a box of 5 eggs that had 3 chicks hatching and 2 eggs still in the process. This promises to be an awesome season.

Here's the first of the season for us.

Julie Kacmarcik

Chester