[va-richmond-general] Dutch Gap prothonotaries etc.

  • From: "Bob Reilly" <rjreilly@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:36:53 -0400

Could not turn up a prothonotary warbler at Dutch Gap this morning. I banded
the last one on Monday 8/30 and captured two that were banded as nestlings
in May and July at Charlie Blem's Deep Bottom site.  Believe our Dutch Gap
prothonotaries are likely gone now.  Sightings from here on are likely
migrants passing through.  The final tally of newly banded prothonotaries at
Dutch Gap this season is 481 !

Separately and interestingly, I banded a young migrating northern
waterthrush this morning just past the one-mile marker while trying for
prothonotaries.

Bob Reilly