[va-richmond-general] Dutch Gap MAPS Station:23 June 2007

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richmond Birds)
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 13:26:48 +0000

Pretty good day at the Dutch Gap Banding Station yesterday. The temperature and humidity stayed at bay and it was nice to have a couple visitors from the James River Sojourn. During some slow times we scouted out and cleared net lanes for 4 new nets which will give us a total of 16. Total number of birds netted yesterday 16; 9 of those recaps. We were able to net a brother and sister Prothonotary warbler which were banded as nestlings as well as an Adult female starting an early and interesting molt. Here's the tally:

Carolina Wren 6 ( 4 recaps)
Northern Cardinal 2 (1 recap)
Indigo Bunting (recap)
Prothonotary Warbler 4 (3 recap)
Acadian Flycatcher
Eastern Tufted Titmouse
Common Grackle

Attached a few pictures from the day. Thanks to Cindy Van Den Boom for the Sibling PROW photo.

Come visit us,
Julie Kacmarcik