[va-richmond-general] Downtown Mallard Nest

  • From: "Wingfield, Alan D." <Alan.Wingfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 17:34:21 -0400

There's this desperate, crazy and/or inexperienced Mallard brooding 13
eggs in a planter outside the front door of my downtown Richmond office
building.  I am hoping for a Make Way for Ducklings moment, as the canal
is within striking distance, although I worry what happens once the
family hits the water.  The canal is not inviting; the James is a far
piece upstream and a dangerous outfall is near downstream.  The
Mallard's tactics in dealing with humans is to be absolutely still - not
even a blink of an eye or breathing motion - rather than to flush from
the nest.  The planter may not be completely insane - it offers three
foot elevation from the ground, and foliage for a hide.

IRS Circular 230 disclosure: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by
the IRS, we inform you that any tax advice that may be contained in this
communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be
used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding any penalties under
the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction(s) or tax-related matter(s) that may be addressed
herein.

This e-mail communication (including any attachments) may contain legally
privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
immediately stop reading this message and delete it from your system. Any
unauthorized reading, distribution, copying or other use of this communication
(or its attachments) is strictly prohibited.