[va-richmond-general] Daytime Drama

  • From: "IE Ries" <FEATHERCHASER@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:53:22 -0500

I'm in the kitchen just now, using my laptop.  The back door has a little
window, and I'm right by the kitchen window.  I see a shadow...
A Sharp-Shinned Hawk just tried to pluck a Starling off the suet feeder!  I saw
it out the back door window...the Starling thumped against the back of the door
and squawked angrily, scampering away, and the hawk flew up on the back fence,
looking around.

It stayed there for a few minutes and then wandered off...

Never know what you'll see out there sometimes!

Irene in Southside