[va-richmond-general] Crewe's Channel-Friday 5 October

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richmond Birds)
  • Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 18:33:56 +0000

Yesterday, after spotting 3 Snipe, Killdeer and a Solitary Sandpiper in the Wetland area behind my house I headed over to Crewe's Channel (with my brother who is here visiting from Red Sox Nation-I mean Massachusetts ;-)  The area is very dry with little water. Enough mud is there however for some great shorebirds. We had long looks at an American Golden-Plover who was foraging with at least 9 snipe and mixed flocks of Killdeer and Lesser Yellowlegs. Pine warblers and Eastern Bluebirds enjoyed the trees at the edge of the road. Also heard Eastern Kingbird and Catbirds in the thickets.

Last night just before midnite-heard a Great-Horned Owl while standing in my front yard.

JulieK
Chester