[va-richmond-general] Crewe's Channel and Chester

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richmond Birds)
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 23:29:49 +0000

There is still considerable "snipe-age" at Crewe's Channel. I was there around
4 pm today and counted about 25 in the far reaches of the pond. Green-winged
Teal are still dabbling and a Greater Yellow Legs was tip-toeing around near
the shoreline. Had the most fun watching 2 Beavers rolling around near their
lodge and chewing on some of their winter larder.

At the home front today I found a thin layer of pine needles in the bottom of
one of my Bluebird Boxes. Bleeding hearts are blooming and Red-shouldered Hawks
are calling.

JulieK.
Chester