[va-richmond-general] Crewe's Channel Sunday p.m.

  • From: "Lee Adams" <ladams42@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:27:01 -0400

At the dimming of the day several of us viewed the spectacle at Crewe's Channel. Gone were most of the Great Egrets with only 13 or so remaining. A Tricolored Heron had been added for a total of four. We saw several Great Blue Herons, Killdeer, Solitary Sandpipers...and peeps I couldn't see well enough to identify.

A Pileated Woodpecker called attention to its location with its ringing laughter. Eastern Phoebe, American Redstart and Red-eyed Vireo all foraged in the trees over our heads. In the distance a pair of Bald Eagles sat together in a dead tree.

Lee Loudenslager Adams
Fredericksburg, VA
ladams42@xxxxxxx