[va-richmond-general] Re: Conjunctivitis in Goldfinches

  • From: "Kathy Kreutzer" <k-kreutzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 22:55:25 -0500

Yes, this spread to goldfinches in the 1990s - I did some reading on
this last year when I had a sick (house) finch at my feeder. Treating
the birds is controversial but possible.   Here are some links to
information on this disease:

On the incidence of the disease:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/eid/vol3no1/fischer2.htm

General summary info: