[va-richmond-general] Re: Chuck-wills-widow (often near tidal water.)

  • From: Pallavi Sen <pallavi.sen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmarc-noreply-outsider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 11:24:27 -0400

Aaah! Thank you! Yes, I heard this bird for the first time while camping at
Assateague and one of my friends told me it was the whip-poor-will...when I
went home and compared the sounds they were not the same at all, but I
didn't know how to identify this one. Thank you! Now I know! What a lovely
and haunting sound.

Pallavi

www.pallavi-sen.com

www.pallavi-sen.com

On 19 June 2015 at 10:37, Mr James Shelton <
dmarc-noreply-outsider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Chuck-wills-widow is often misidentified ad Whip-poor-Will.

https://soundcloud.com/james-shelton-7/chuck-wills-widdow-1

Chuck-will's-widow
<http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Chuck-wills-widow/id>

[image: image] <http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Chuck-wills-widow/id>

Chuck-will's-widow
<http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Chuck-wills-widow/id>
Learn how to identify Chuck-will's-widow, its life history, cool facts,
sounds and calls, and watch videos. Listen at dusk and at night for the
rolling, seemingly e...

James