[va-richmond-general] Celebration of Life service April 18, 2015 for Art Miranian, long time friend and member of RAS.

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 14:33:16 +0000 (UTC)

The family of Ann and Art Miranian asked me to share this information with
their Richmond Audubon Family. Art passed away February 3, 2015. He made such a
difference to all who knew him and spent so much of of his life working with
and encouraging the youth of our community. He is missed but will never be
forgotten. As written below, a celebration of life service will be held in
Art's honor on Saturday April 18 at 11 am at The Chester Presbyterian church in
Chester, VA. All are welcome.

If you have any questions please contact me off the listserv.

Please keep the Miranian's in your hearts.

Thank you,

Julie Kacmarcik

juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx

Miranian, Arsen Arthur, born March 18, 1926 loving husband and father.

Final taps, February 3 rd , 2015. He is predeceased by his father Ardashes
Miranian and mother Agnes Boghossian, and his son Art Miranian Jr in 2008. He
is survived by his beloved wife of 62 years, Ann Gilbert Miranian and daughter
Susan Miranian, his two grandsons Gilbert Miranian and Daniel Miranian and
daughter- in- law Anne Gabelya, and his devoted care giver Ann Barba.

He served as a combat rifleman in WW II with the First Marine Division in
Okinawa. He prepared at Cambridge Latin School, he graduated from Harvard
University in 1949 and had fond memories of playing the trumpet in Harvard
Band. He received his MBA from Columbia Business School and Masters from Rhode
Island School of Design.

He spent his career in the textile industry including Executive Vice President
of Concordia Mfg.Co. of Coventry R.I. and Manager of Application Research at
Allied Chemical of Hopewell, VA.

He was an ardent outdoorsmen, a Boy Scout leader, and hike leader for
Appalachian Mountain Club, and a runner into his late seventies. He camped
widely throughout the US National Park System. An avid traveler of the US and
abroad, after retirement, he spent time in Saudi Arabia and in Zimbabwe as a
volunteer of the Executive Service Corps. He and his beloved wife circled the
globe twice.

Arthur was a great story teller with a quick wit. He was wonderful teacher and
advisor. He was a generous man, and devoted his time to his family, friends and
community. He was curious, and believed in lifelong education

A memorial service will be held at the Chester Presbyterian Church at 11 a.m.
on Saturday, April 18, 2015 . In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made in
the name of Arthur Miranian to Alzheimer’s Research Foundation at
www.alzinfo.org.