[va-richmond-general] Cedar Waxwings

  • From: "ajsanford@xxxxxxxxx" <ajsanford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 18:22:58 -0800 (PST)

My husband and I visited the State Capitol building today. As we walked around
the grounds, we saw several birds flitting about. We meandered over the
Governor's mansion, and saw that there was a tree full of cedar waxwings. They
were flying back and forth between a magnolia and another tree, seemingly to
gather berries. We saw a beautiful red headed woodpecker too in the magnolia.
As we headed  back to the car, we saw a red shouldered hawk circling, riding a
column of air above the Washington statue. It was a lovely day to be outside!
Amanda
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android