[va-richmond-general] Bryan Park

  • From: "Adrianne Dery" <ard1319@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 11:46:05 -0400

This morning was magical at Bryan Park.  Rich and varied bird songs, wonderful
light and excellent birds.  Few people too; maybe Sat. morning is the day to
go, rather than Sunday.

As to the birds, there was the usual cast of characters including nuthatch,
lots of yellow rump, blue birds, etc.  My neck gave out before I could confirm
a Black-and-White Warbler. The highlight was a good look at a quiet
Yellow-billed Cuckoo, and a loud male Orchard Oriole.

Should you wish to check out Bryan Park....I followed the same route Sue Ridd
leads on 1st Sunday, without going into the field or places with high grass (to
avoid ticks).

Adrianne Dery
Northside