[va-richmond-general] Browns Island am - Horned Grebes, Common Goldeneye

  • From: "Barnett, Lewis" <lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 15:32:16 +0000

Had an errand downtown, so I dropped by Brown's Island for a bit. There were
three Horned Grebes and one Common Goldeneye out in the area between the
observation walkway and Belle Isle. Lots of Herring Gulls and a good number of
Greater Black-backed. I couldn't pull a Lesser out of that bunch today.

Also did a quick pass of the brush along the ditch under the 2nd Street
Connector, but that didn't turn up anything interesting today.

Lewis Barnett
Dept. of Math and CS, University of Richmond