[va-richmond-general] Blue-winged at 42nd Street / also NEST reporting

  • From: Larry R Lynch <birder6@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: VA-Richmond-General@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:11:39 -0400

Hey everybody....

A very quick visit to the 42nd Street parking lot today produced:

Blue-winged Warbler... singing near the houses.
Black & Whites
Yellow-throated Warbler
Blue-headed Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo
Ruby-crowned Kinglets singing

hundreds of Yellow-rumped Warblers
...and the other expected, common species.

In preparation for the VSO weekend coming up, PLEASE report
any NESTS or unusual species that you find in any of our parks. I
suggest that you copy Ann Brooks, Caroline Coe, and me so that
we can spread the word to our trip leaders.