[va-richmond-general] Bluebirds everywhere!

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 01:30:06 +0000 (UTC)

Banded the first nestlings of the season along our Bluebird trail today. Six, nine-day old little cuties. The largest weighing in at 24 grams.

We have at least 10 boxes with 5 eggs and 2 boxes with 2 day old chicks. The Chickadees are doing well with 3 boxes of 6 eggs. Still many more boxes to check. Here's a shot of Mom and Dad watching as I close the lid on one of the boxes.

Northern Parula singing in the yard today.

Enjoy the spring,

Julie Kacmarcik

Chester