[va-richmond-general] Black-necked Stilts at Hog Island

  • From: "Wendy Ealding" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "wealding@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 19:39:00 -0400

Paul Bedell, Gerry Weinberger and I birded at Hog Island this morning.
Shorebirds were few and distant as the water levels are very high. We were
surprised to see a couple of Black-winged
Stilts. Large numbers of Great Blue Herons, no other egrets or herons. We had
six Bald Eagles in the air at one time and a flock of Cedar Waxwings were
feasting on mulberries.

Full list at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S23595122

Wendy Ealding
Midlothian