[va-richmond-general] Re: Black Vultures!

  • From: "James Blowers" <jimvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <feathermom_chirpling@xxxxxxxxx>, <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 22:57:54 -0400

I filled out the form yesterday and submitted it. I find a serious problem
with the web site, however. If you mouse over the message you type in, or
even get close to it with the mouse off the form, the form will poof your
messages and you will have to reload the site to read what was in the boxes,
or if it was what you were typing in, it is now all lost and you have to
retype everything in again. Further, the text in the boxes for you to fill
out is confusing. It says something like "Why is the environment important
to you?" Huhh? That's not what we are signing for. We are instead signing
for something like "Why are the black vultures going to be killed again?".
Further, the form puts the Country after the City instead of the State. That
led me to type V in the country block, causing the form to send me to
Vanuatu. Definitely an unfriendly petition-signing page.

If this is all that online petition signing can provide, maybe it's best to

Jim Blowers

  _____