[va-richmond-general] Re: Black Swan viewing party

  • From: "IE Ries" <FEATHERCHASER@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 16:50:56 -0500

  Team Diehard Birders (the Warfields, Jan Johnson, Irene Ries) braved the
cold, the overcast skies and the low temperatures to look for the swan.  On
the way down, I saw a Red-shouldered Hawk flying on the Chesterfield airport
side of RT 10 as I was going to meet up with everyone.

  While we didn't see our Mysterious Cygnus, we did see the following
beauties:

  American Robin
  Carolina, Winter Wren
  Pileated, Red-bellied Woodie
  Song, White-throated Sparrow
  Bufflehead Duck (lovely antics and we discovered the irridescent spot on
their heads)
  Gadwall
  Mallard Duck
  Wilson's Snipe
  Killdeer
  Dark-eyed Junco
  Blue Jay
  Northern Cardinal
  Carolina Chickadee
  Tufted Titmouse
  White-breasted Nuthatch

  Jan and I then took a cruise up RT 288, looking for turkeys.  No turkeys
out on the grasslands by the margin of the woods, but we did see two
Redtailed Hawks cruizing overhead.

  Cheers!

  Irene on Southside